Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 24

Wednesday, February 27th, aka Day 24.  Finished the first day of my last full week of vegan madness!

Coffee for breakfast, but I actually made a bowl of cereal with almond milk, too.  For lunch, a peanut butter sandwich on wheat (no jelly again). No snacks every few hours and probably not enough water for all you diet enthusiasts.  So, sue me.  I was starving by dinner.

With no one to cook for me, I was back to my normal bachelor lifestyle.  Quick and easy.  As already referenced by the bowl of cereal and a PB sandwich!  I pulled out some of the frozen vegan concoctions from my first visit to Whole Foods at the beginning of this journey.

Vegan Mac & Cheese- Can you believe it?
 Is the apple sauce made out of Daiya, too?!! 
Veggie burgers- I'm about veggie pattied out by now,
but these were in the freezer and easy to make
Finished product- veggie burger with vegan mac & cheese.
Probably some kid's nightmare.      
Amy's makes a ton of  organic, vegan, gluten/dairy/soy free stuff. www.amys.com The mac and cheese is made with rice pasta and "Daiya Cheeze". www.daiyafoods.com  What exactly is in Daiya?  Couldn't tell you.  I would say that this meal was OK.  Definitely not the Mac & Cheese at Community Q www.communityqbbq.com That stuff is phenomenally amazing!  And by the way, they have the best BBQ inside the perimeter.  But probably about as good as that cheese powder sauce in the cheap Kraft stuff.

Veggie burgers... I'm over them.  I fed most of the 2nd patty to my dog.  He seemed to like it.  But "a dog would eat a sh*t sandwich" as my Dad used to say.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment