Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 25

I'm still alive!  Day twenty-five!

Sorry about the late post for those of you keeping score.  Went out for beers with my buddies last night.  That's probably all that needs to be said. I'm blaming Wortmann for those last 2 Jamesons!

Coffee for breakfast.  Need to get back on the smoothie/shakes at least.  I've never been a breakfast person.  More of a hungover brunch person on the weekends!  For lunch, I browned some onions and garlic and added them to some black beans and rice.  This is what I imagined I'd be eating everyday this month!

Black beans from Whole Paycheck w/ onions & garlic

Finished product- Notice my Big Green Egg plate in the background?!
 For dinner, I decided to try these vegan hot dogs that my buddy, Dawson, brought me during the SuperBowl.  I had some leftover hummus on the side.  Also, thought I'd be living off hummus everyday during this bet!  Pretty close.  So these vegan dogs look just like the regular franks.  I would even say close to the same texture.  But, they are disgusting!  I like my "lips and *ssholes" to be the real deal.  If you're gonna eat a hot dog, eat a hot dog.  My advice.
Look like franks, made out of soy
Couldn't add enough condiments to make these things  taste good!
I gave the other one to my dog, Shadow.
He even looked disappointed after he gulped it down 
Hummus-Always a good time
 I met my boys out in Little 5 at the Wrecking Bar www.wreckingbarbrewpub.com  This place is great.  They brew their own beer.  Decent menu.  Took a look at these fries and decided to order a little something even though I already had dinner.

Fresh cut french fries-the bomb.  Had a few
Had half of this vegan seitan gyro. OK
Side of roasted vegetables-awesome.  Beer-IPA-Awesome.
So, probably not great on the waistline, but good times with my Bros.  Stopped by one of my favorite bars on the way home. The Porter  www.theporterbeerbar.com  This place rocks.  Tons of great beers bound to give you a headache!  Great food, too!

Heading into my final weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Join us this Wednesday and pair some of our pasta dishes, pizzas or salads with your favorite wine!

    Crust Pizza Co. - Lake Charles, La

    ReplyDelete