Sunday, March 3, 2013

Days 26, 27,28

Well, my last vegan weekend is behind me!  Hers's a rundown of Friday, Saturday & Sunday!

So, a cup of coffee for breakfast was all I had.  I was on my way up to Roswell when I had a tire blowout on RT. 400!  I was calling my insurance agent, then AAA, dreading putting the spare on myself.  I was crunched for time and really didn't want to deal with this when luckily a H.E.R.O. truck showed up!  Let me just put a plug in for these guys!.  Highway_Emergency_Response_Operators  The GDOT provides these guys for assistance.  This dude was cool.  It took him 5 minutes to put my donut on for me.  And when I offered to give him a tip, he wouldn't take it!  Solid. I ended up Googling the closest Discount Tire.  4 new tires later (sucks!!!) and I decided to hit another great Mediterranean place nearby, Aladdin's in Roswell.  www.aladdinmediterraneanrestaurant.com  They have great shawarma!  If you have never had shawarma, you need to check it out!  It's awesome, but definitely not vegan!

Falafel plate- always a go to vegan meal- great!
For dinner, we met friends out in the Oakhurst neighborhood again. We went to this Mexican restaurant and there are usually some vegan options.  www.matadorcantina.com
Tofu tacos and a couple beers with friends- I'm tofu'd out!
On Saturday, brunch at Ria's Bluebird http://riasbluebird.com/ in Grant Park.  This place is pretty good.  Get there early if you can because this place is very popular.  This was a big step for me!  Brunch is tough because there are so many good things that aren't vegan!  Eggs, cheese... bacon.  Oh, sweet bacon.... That's why I haven't been going to brunch.  Soysage and breakfast skillet without eggs or cheese.  First time having soysage-not bad. Still not as good as the real thing.
Bionic breakfast with a side of soysage
That night, a group of us were checking out a show at Eddie's Attic www.eddiesattic.com in Decatur.  So, we met at Raging Burrito beforehand.  www.ragingburrito.com  Raging has been an ATL staple for a long time.  This place is usually good!
Burrito-Pineapple Jerk with tofu-excellent alternative!
About one the best things I've had so far.
On Sunday, I met my buddy, Dawson, for lunch after picking up my car in Decatur. Another plug: Uber  After a few drinks last night, it's always better to cab it.  Check out Uber.  It rocks.  That's all I gotta say.   I decided to try the vegan pizza at Mellow Mushroom.  http://mellowmushroom.com/  I'm not sure if you can tell by this photo below, but it looks like someone puked on this pie!!

Daiya cheese pizza with onions and mushrooms-
Edible, but doesn't look too appetizing!  Definitely  not as good as a regular pie!
I don't think I can say I'm a fan of this fake pizza.  If you're going to go for a 'za, go for a 'za!  I guess you could go with no cheese, but that wouldn't be pizza.  That's like a big round bruschetta.  And I friggin' love pizza.

For dinner tonight,  green curry with vegetables and coconut ice cream for dessert!  Bought everything at Trader Joe's www.traderjoes.com and mixed it up.  Super easy and good!
Green Thai curry with brown rice and vegetables- Tasty!
Non-dairy ice cream- chocolate made with coconut milk- Awesome!
2 more days to go!  Bring it.

1 comment: