Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 29

Almost to the finish line!  One more day to go!

So, Monday morning came around.  Like it always does.  I opted for the Vega protein shake for breakfast.  http://myvega.com/  No coffee today!  I have the chocolate flavored powder and added bananas and almond milk.  I had some meetings in the morning and headed out.  I was starving by lunch time.  I heated up the leftover black beans and rice from last week.  I added a whole wheat pita with hummus.
Hummus pita w/ black beans & rice-
La Croix sparkling water instead of soda
For dinner, my friend, Tina Rains, invited me over for one last vegan meal before the end of the bet.  A little plug for TRains and her company: Your GoTo Girl Atlanta !! If you live in the ATL, give Tina a call!  She made fettucine alfredo without the real alfredo sauce!  The recipe called for cashew nuts instead, and had nutritional yeast and chardonnay in it.  Then the dish was garnished with sauteed spinach, and roasted asparagus and red peppers.  Tasted great!

Very good!  Wasn't much different from regular alfredo sauce
I also had a couple of beers, but who's counting.  Day 30 here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment