Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 22

Salutations, Salad-Eaters!  Day 22!

I was running late this Monday morning and had a conference call before heading out. I wish I had a protein shake, but I drank at least 3 cups of coffee!  I decided to try this new "Mock" chicken salad from Sevananda in Little 5 Points. http://www.sevananda.coop/  I must have walked or drove by this place a million times on my way to some bar in Little 5 but never stepped foot inside!  Someone told me their vegan chicken salad was even better than Whole Foods.
"Mock" Chicken salad from Sevananda- Pretty Tasty!
 Has more of an onion taste than the Whole Foods version.
Both great alternatives and I could eat all the time.  
I decided to make another mock chicken sandwich as a snack at 3:30pm, too!  I love this stuff.  For dinner, I experienced pure tempeh for the first time.  

Tempeh- not as spongy as tofu!  It almost looks like rice krispy treats!
Finished product- Stir fry with brown rice, tempeh, onion,
peppers, mushrooms, bok choy- Very good!

The tempeh was marinated in soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic.  Definitely, had more of a meat consistency than tofu.  I would say I probably liked it better.  Back to BootCamp tomorrow in the AM after my long sabbatical!  

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on this little veggie adventure and am so inspired! Go, Neil, Go!

    ReplyDelete